Thursday 19 June 2008

My Cult Beauty Item


GHD ceramic hair straighteners have taken the world by storm. Millions of women, and even some men, have been seduced by the art of transforming frizzy fly away hair into a sleek and stylish look. The process of drying, curling and straightening your hair is a time consuming task, one where the quality of your tools and styling products are fundamental. Ceramic plated hair straighteners have become a popular choice. But why do most people opt for the GHD brand? Unfamiliar to most hair straighteners, the GHD design has an on and off switch option allowing the user to leave them plugged in and just flicking the switch when required. Their red light flashes and then bleeps to tell you when the optimal styling temperature has been achieved. More cleverly, GHD have introduced a sleep mode, so after 30 minutes the straighteners will turn themselves off. In addition to this, the electric cable lead is twice as long as its leading competitors, permitting the user to move more freely in search of their most favourable mirror. Their compact slick design and ability to heat up quickly have made them a desirable beauty companion. At 16, I was completely fed-up with my unruly wavy hair so I decided to invest in my first pair of GHD’s. Finally I was able to recreate the same hairstyle that had only ever been achieved by a professional hair dresser. I was completely hooked. My GHD’s travelled everywhere with me. So much so, that I decided to have a spare pair at the office in case of hair fuzz from wet weather, gyming activities in my lunch break or simply to re-style before an evening out. However, this ultimate grooming companion has a shelf life. My first pair sparked, flickered for a few moments and then died – much to my horror and disbelief. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to get them replaced by the hair salon however, this is not the case for everyone. Unfortunately, like all good things in life, GHD hair straighteners come at a price. For most first time buyers, the GHD hair iron is expensive. However, although initially pricey, most hair straighteners are used repeatedly. Their exceptional design and robustness for daily activity are in fact, great value for money. This cult beauty item is a unique hair tool and one that I fortunately do not have to live without.

No comments: