Monday 7 July 2008

I Am Not A Terrorist



Most people wear a handbag, a pair of shoes or a piece of jewellery to set an outfit alight. For me, it is headwear. For some time now, I have seemingly developed an interest in covering my hair in some way, shape or form. That is not to say that my hair just hangs there limp, lifeless, devoid of any particular style so that my every effort goes into concealing it. Instead, I have to confess, I do submit to the extravagance of maintaining my cropped hairdo every eight weeks. But there are some mornings when your hair won’t behave, or it begins to outgrow its style, or simply you fancy a change, so on comes the headgear. In particular, tie hair scarves have become my head’s accessory of choice. Unfortunately, wearing headpieces in airports can make you a primary target for the customs staff who lets face it, enjoy the sound of the machine signalling people out with its moronic beeps in order to pull you aside. A terrorist, I am not. If it was a hat, I could maybe understand but a thin piece of fabric that follows the silhouette of my head shape, seriously what could I be hiding under there? All the same, I will endure this indecent patting down in public in order to adorn my head in any style I choose to.

No comments: